HP OFFICEJET pro 8740 PRINTER SUPPORT SERVICE FEATURES
Frustrated with your HP Oj pro 8740 Printer Printer Issues? Do not worry as we are here to help you. Our certified Service Engineers are always available to fix all your printer issues.Our Service Engineers shall provide you a 24 x 7 technical support over the phone or chat to fix your printer issues.
Only those HP Oj pro 8740 Printer Printers having ePrint capability supports ePrint option. Printers should be connected to Internet either through Wi-Fi/Ethernet to support ePrint option, and USB option is not supported by ePrint. A periodic update of firmware is required for enhanced using of Web Services (ePrint).
GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT
Google Cloud Print does not require any software or driver downloads to print with Google Cloud Print. Google Cloud Print option can be enabled only if printer has Google Cloud Print capability Printer should be connected to an active internet connection through Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Air Print is a mobile printing solution built into Apple devices It requires no set up, download or installation of any kind Enables printing full quality photos and documents from iPad, iPhone, iTouch (iOS Ver 4.2 and above) and Mac (Version 10.7 and above)
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Specifications
If you are looking for high quality printers then it is always advisable to rely on a well known brand. The officejetpro 8740 by HP is one of the best there is which fulfills every criterion that you may have for a printer and at the same time fit your budget. The major specifications of the printer are as follows:
- This is a multitasking device which can print, scan, copy, and fax- all available in a single device.
- The product is available as a wireless device as well as supports usb connectivity. The device also supports Ethernet and hence the multiple connectivity options give you a wider scope to work with this device.
- The cost of the printing is lowered by 50 % as compared to laser printer. This device functions on the inkjet technology.
- You can enjoy the benefit of duplex printing or two sided printing which is lightning fast for this particular device. The speed is up to 20 ppm for black ink and 17 ppm for colored.
- The device is equipped with 2 sided auto document feeder which quickens your printing speed as well.
- You can directly scan documents and files from the email and also print ms office files through the usb drive.
- The device also have a color touch screen which make it easier for you to find the shortcuts and the various types of files and menu that you may need for printing or other relevant purpose.
- This device in particular is HP instant ink eligible which makes it easier for the users to find the right cartridge quickly.
- There are input and out paper tray and the input paper tray capacity id 225 papers while the output paper tray capacity is 60 papers. The auto document feeder can feed up to 35 sheets of paper at a time. The page yield of the printer is up to 1000 page at a time and the cartridge color is black.
- The printer driver supports every operating system like the windows versions, linux as well as MAC. You can also print any document through the eptrint app for HP by connecting your mobile or tablet to the device.
- This printer is suitable for a small work environment and a number of small scale companies opt for it.
- The printer is a budget printer and at the same time very durable too with all the features you need.
- The multitasking options make the printer suitable for professional as well as domestic use.
- The availability of the printer makes it a popular choice.
- The customer service provided by hp is very superior compared to most brands which make this a reliable choice as well.
- The printer supports only black ink and hence color printing cannot be done with it.
- The users may face trouble with paper jamming at times.
- The printer is rather bulky and heavy which may be an issue for some users.
- Connectivity errors are another bothersome factor users complain about.
The major troubles that are posed by the printer:
- One of the most troublesome errors that you may face with the printer is error with connectivity of the device. The wireless connectivity in particular poses a lot of troubles.
- When you are trying to access related web services, you may get error messages which are in turn going to pose trouble while you are trying to use the device
- Error while installing the device driver is another issue which you may face at times.
- Trouble with paper jamming and hence unable to print is another error which you have to combat with while using this device.
How to install the device driver for windows version?
This device in particular supports the windows version 10, 8.1, 8 and 7 in particular. The users can easily use the device for both 32 bit and 64 bit system. Before you install the device driver however it is important to take into consideration some basic factors to ensure the installation is executed smoothly.
Basic settings to be noted:
- Ensure the printer is switched on and so is the computer on which the printer is going to be installed.
- Connect an USB that is less than 3m in length to ensure that there are no connectivity issues while you are installing the driver for the device.
- Ensure the internet connection would not get disrupted while the installation process is going on.
Steps to choose and install the driver:
- The first and foremost thing to be done is you should open the official website of HP and choose the device model number for the device you are using.
- From there select the version that is compatible with your windows version and then clicks on download.
- Once the device driver has been downloaded, you can easily install the driver on your device following the instructions provided along with.
- Ensure that you have named the device rightly and chosen the right drive for installing it.
- Once the installation is complete, you can easily check whether all the functionalities are working like printing, scanning, copying and faxing on the device.
Installing the device on MAC
- In the apple menu, you will have to find out the model name of the device you are installing.
- If it is already there then refresh and remove the device and add the device once more.
- You will have to choose the driver software version for MAC from the website and manage the installation.
- Once you have done the installation procedure you can easily check the functionality of the device and ensure that it is working smoothly for you.
Most of the errors and installation troubles can be handled by following the user manual but in case you are unable to do so, you can always seek the help of the customer service whenever you want to.
The HP Printer is supported by Mac ver 10.6 or above The HP Printer should be connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet/USB Configuring the HP printer to your Network Navigate to the Wi-Fi icon on your printers display. Click the Settings icon. Navigate to Wireless Settings. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the preferred Network. Enter your password. Verify whether the connection is successful. Give a Test print to the Network report page. Connecting your Mac to HP Printer Select System Preferences in Apple Menu. Select the Print and Fax from Hardware Selection. Click (+) icon to add the printer. Click Continue to install it. Give a Test print.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
The HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer is supported by Windows XP or above The HP Printer should be connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet/USB Configuring the HP Officejet pro 8740 printer to your Network Navigate to the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s display. Click the Settings icon. Navigate to Wireless Settings. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the preferred Network. Enter your password. Verify whether the connection is successful. Give a Test print to the Network report page. Connecting your Windows to HP Printer Select the Devices and Printers from the Control Panel. Click Add Printer. Select and install the desired Printer. Give a Test print.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
Printer with Smartphone or Tablet Go to Printers Control Panel. Go to Setup. Select the Network or Wireless menu. Press the Wireless Setup Wizard. Ensure that you know the name (SSID) and password (WEP/WPA) of your network. Select the wireless network. Enter the password. Your printer will be connected to the network in a short time. Give a Test Print Now to print from your smartphone make sure both your HP device and smartphone is connected to the same network.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
Connecting your HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer Wireless Printer
- A temporary USB connection is required from printer to computer
- Follow the instructions to connect and configure the printer's wireless connection.
- Connect and disconnect the USB cable when prompted by the software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- In Connection type Wizard select USB as the preferred connection type.
- Then select "Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)"
- The software would automatically discover your wireless setting and your printer should be ready.
- Note: If this is your first printer installation, the software might be unable to find the printer network. Browse through the instructions to create a wireless connection to the printer
HP Oj pro 8740 Printer Setup of Wireless
HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer Wireless Printer Setup
- Ensure that your printer has a touch display
- Ensure that you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup
WPS has two modes to connect devices together over a wireless connection. One is called "pushbutton" and the other is called "PIN". This setup details the pushbutton mode
- Ensure that your printer and wireless router supports WPS pushbutton mode
- Wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available
- Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security
Connecting your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS Pushbutton method
- Enable the WPS push button mode on your printer.
- Note: Kindly check printer manual to locate this function as it may differ from model to model.
- Press the WPS button on the Router
- Note: This has to be done within 2 minutes, once the WPS option is enabled on the printer.
- Press the Setup button and choose the Network menu option on the printer's Control Panel.
- Choose your Wireless Network's name from the list or add Network's name manually.
- Enter your password.
- Note: Password is Case-sensitive.
- Your printer should be ready by now, if not find the issue by printing the Wireless network report.
HP Officejet pro 8740 Printer USB Setup
HP Wireless AutoConnect allows you to connect your printer to your wireless network automatically without having to connect any cables or enter your wireless network settings such as your network name or password.
- Computer with Windows (Vista or later), Mac (OSX 10.6 or Later)
- Wireless connection to your network and the operating system is in control of the wireless adapter
- Connected to your 802.11b/g/n wireless router over a 2.4 GHz connection
- Does not use a static IP address
- Your printer is in HP Auto Wireless Connect mode
- 5.0GHz Connection is not supported
HP Oj pro 8740 Printer Software Installation Procedure
- Log on to HP Official Website
- Select your printer model.
- Download either Basic Drivers or Full feature Software and Drivers
- Install the Software and choose HP Auto Wireless Connect option to configure printer and computer automatically to the same network.
- Note: Internet might get disconnected temporarily during the above process.
- You can start using your printer
123-hp printer supportis a third party Service and Support provider for computer hardware, peripherals, and software issues. We do not have any tie-up or merger with any hardware or software companies. The ‘HP’ trademarks, logos, images, brands mentioned on this site are just to furnish information, and we are not associated with HP by any means. We are involved only in Support Services, and we do not provide any warranty for the third-party products and services that we provide support for. 123-hp printer support reserves all rights to change its Disclaimer Policy any time without any prior information. We ask you to visit our website time to time and be updated.