HP OFFICEJET pro 6978 PRINTER SUPPORT SERVICE FEATURES
Frustrated with your HP Oj pro 6978 Printer Printer Issues? Do not worry as we are here to help you. Our certified Service Engineers are always available to fix all your printer issues.Our Service Engineers shall provide you a 24 x 7 technical support over the phone or chat to fix your printer issues.
Only those HP Oj pro 6978 Printer Printers having ePrint capability supports ePrint option. Printers should be connected to Internet either through Wi-Fi/Ethernet to support ePrint option, and USB option is not supported by ePrint. A periodic update of firmware is required for enhanced using of Web Services (ePrint).
GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT
Google Cloud Print does not require any software or driver downloads to print with Google Cloud Print. Google Cloud Print option can be enabled only if printer has Google Cloud Print capability Printer should be connected to an active internet connection through Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Air Print is a mobile printing solution built into Apple devices It requires no set up, download or installation of any kind Enables printing full quality photos and documents from iPad, iPhone, iTouch (iOS Ver 4.2 and above) and Mac (Version 10.7 and above)
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Specifications
The printer is suitable for printing, scanning, copying and faxing. The product support multitasking as well. The color graphics of the printer is smooth and bright and printable on high quality thick paper. The following are the major specification that you need to keep in mind.
- Almost every documents and photos are printed with the help of the officejetpro 6230.
- There are 4 print cartridges the printer is capable of holding and they are in colours black, cyan, magenta and yellow. There are various types of replacement cartridges which are supported by the printer.
- The minimum system requirement for this machines is windows 10, 8, 7 and 8.1 in 32-bit or 64-bit version, 2GB available space at the least on the hard disk, CD-Rom, internet explorer 8, 233 MHz compatible processor and few more.
- The memory specification for the machine is 1GB standard and 1 GB maximum.
- The paper handling is an important factor that should be taken note of while checking the specifications. The machine has the paper handling input standard of 225 sheet input tray and 35 sheet ADF. He paper handling output standard is 60 sheet output tray. The major media sizes supported includes A4, A5, B5(JIS), executive, index card 3.5x 5 inch, index card letter, statement, envelope c5, envelope DL to name a few. Plan paper weighing between 16 to 28 lb, Bond is supported by the device.
- The scanner type is flatbed ADF, and provides double sided duplex scanning. The optical scan resolution is up to 1200 dpi and the bit depth is 24 bit. The recommended monthly scan volume is 50 to 150.
- The copier resolution is 600x600dpi for black color and reduce and enlarge settings vary from 25 to 400%. Up to maximum of 99 copies can be made with the machine.
- The fax specifications include the fax transmission speed of 4sec per page. The fax memory is up to 100 pages. The fax resolution is 300x 300 dpi and one can also sent color fax as well with the printer.
- Supports various types of cartridges.
- Have a number of functions which you can easily perform with this one device.
- The printer is a budget printer though it does not compromise on the quality.
- The ink cartridges are easy to obtain for this particular model.
- The multicolor cartridges can be an extravagant affair to manage particularly when you are not a pro at handling the various technicalities of the printer.
- You may get confusing paper selection messages from the device at times.
It can be concluded taking into consideration all the specifications of the device that this is a decent quality printer model from HP which you can opt for. The built in scan, copy and faxing options make it an all round device that is a must have as well.
The major printer issues that you may face for this model:
- The wifi connectivity can get hampered at times.
- The printer can go offline for both windows and mac from time to time.
- Trouble may occur when you try to turn on web services
- There may be issues with fax quality as well.
- You can also get cartridge jam errors.
- The print job may get stuck in the print queue at times.
Setting up the printer for windows
- Basic arrangement for printer setup
1. Check whether the printer is switched on and arrange a USb cable and connect the device with your computer. Do not relink the cable until the driver installation is initiated.
- • Installing connection and mounting the driver
2. Go to the official website of the printer and choose the model for the printer and then through the HP easy download install the full feature deliver for the particular model.
3. Choose USB to avoid interruption while installing the driver through printer connection option.
4. On the screen for installation choose the HP easy scan option if your device has the feature for scanning as well.
5. Choose the name for your printer in the popup menu and add it to successfully install the printer driver.
6. Attempt printing, faxing, scanning once the process is complete to ensure that the device is functioning properly.
Setting up printer driver for MAC
- Choose the system preference once you select the apple menu.
- Check if the name of your printer is visible on the list. If it is already there then eliminate and re-include the name of the printer in the list. And also check the communication of the printer and ensure the correct driver is being used.
- Tap download and install for completion of the printer driver installation process.
- Shut down the system preference windows and attempt printing with the device to check the functionality of the printer.
Errors and issues and how to handle them
One of the major trouble that every printer can pose is the trouble with jammed paper on the input tray.
- Slowly evacuate bits of torn paper from the tray and use your both hands and avoid tearing of entire sheets of paper while cleaning.
- Ensure that there is no foreign object obstructing the tray.
- Attempt to print and in case the error continues, check other parts of the printer for jammed paper bits and ensure the input and output trays are both thoroughly cleaned.
The HP Printer is supported by Mac ver 10.6 or above The HP Printer should be connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet/USB Configuring the HP printer to your Network Navigate to the Wi-Fi icon on your printers display. Click the Settings icon. Navigate to Wireless Settings. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the preferred Network. Enter your password. Verify whether the connection is successful. Give a Test print to the Network report page. Connecting your Mac to HP Printer Select System Preferences in Apple Menu. Select the Print and Fax from Hardware Selection. Click (+) icon to add the printer. Click Continue to install it. Give a Test print.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
The HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer is supported by Windows XP or above The HP Printer should be connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet/USB Configuring the HP Officejet pro 6978 printer to your Network Navigate to the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s display. Click the Settings icon. Navigate to Wireless Settings. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the preferred Network. Enter your password. Verify whether the connection is successful. Give a Test print to the Network report page. Connecting your Windows to HP Printer Select the Devices and Printers from the Control Panel. Click Add Printer. Select and install the desired Printer. Give a Test print.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
Printer with Smartphone or Tablet Go to Printers Control Panel. Go to Setup. Select the Network or Wireless menu. Press the Wireless Setup Wizard. Ensure that you know the name (SSID) and password (WEP/WPA) of your network. Select the wireless network. Enter the password. Your printer will be connected to the network in a short time. Give a Test Print Now to print from your smartphone make sure both your HP device and smartphone is connected to the same network.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
Connecting your HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer Wireless Printer
- A temporary USB connection is required from printer to computer
- Follow the instructions to connect and configure the printer's wireless connection.
- Connect and disconnect the USB cable when prompted by the software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- In Connection type Wizard select USB as the preferred connection type.
- Then select "Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)"
- The software would automatically discover your wireless setting and your printer should be ready.
- Note: If this is your first printer installation, the software might be unable to find the printer network. Browse through the instructions to create a wireless connection to the printer
HP Oj pro 6978 Printer Setup of Wireless
HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer Wireless Printer Setup
- Ensure that your printer has a touch display
- Ensure that you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup
WPS has two modes to connect devices together over a wireless connection. One is called "pushbutton" and the other is called "PIN". This setup details the pushbutton mode
- Ensure that your printer and wireless router supports WPS pushbutton mode
- Wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available
- Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security
Connecting your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS Pushbutton method
- Enable the WPS push button mode on your printer.
- Note: Kindly check printer manual to locate this function as it may differ from model to model.
- Press the WPS button on the Router
- Note: This has to be done within 2 minutes, once the WPS option is enabled on the printer.
- Press the Setup button and choose the Network menu option on the printer's Control Panel.
- Choose your Wireless Network's name from the list or add Network's name manually.
- Enter your password.
- Note: Password is Case-sensitive.
- Your printer should be ready by now, if not find the issue by printing the Wireless network report.
HP Officejet pro 6978 Printer USB Setup
HP Wireless AutoConnect allows you to connect your printer to your wireless network automatically without having to connect any cables or enter your wireless network settings such as your network name or password.
- Computer with Windows (Vista or later), Mac (OSX 10.6 or Later)
- Wireless connection to your network and the operating system is in control of the wireless adapter
- Connected to your 802.11b/g/n wireless router over a 2.4 GHz connection
- Does not use a static IP address
- Your printer is in HP Auto Wireless Connect mode
- 5.0GHz Connection is not supported
HP Oj pro 6978 Printer Software Installation Procedure
- Log on to HP Official Website
- Select your printer model.
- Download either Basic Drivers or Full feature Software and Drivers
- Install the Software and choose HP Auto Wireless Connect option to configure printer and computer automatically to the same network.
- Note: Internet might get disconnected temporarily during the above process.
- You can start using your printer
123-hp printer supportis a third party Service and Support provider for computer hardware, peripherals, and software issues. We do not have any tie-up or merger with any hardware or software companies. The ‘HP’ trademarks, logos, images, brands mentioned on this site are just to furnish information, and we are not associated with HP by any means. We are involved only in Support Services, and we do not provide any warranty for the third-party products and services that we provide support for. 123-hp printer support reserves all rights to change its Disclaimer Policy any time without any prior information. We ask you to visit our website time to time and be updated.