HP OFFICEJET 8100 PRINTER SUPPORT SERVICE FEATURES
Frustrated with your HP Oj 8100 Printer Printer Issues? Do not worry as we are here to help you. Our certified Service Engineers are always available to fix all your printer issues.Our Service Engineers shall provide you a 24 x 7 technical support over the phone or chat to fix your printer issues.
Only those HP Oj 8100 Printer Printers having ePrint capability supports ePrint option. Printers should be connected to Internet either through Wi-Fi/Ethernet to support ePrint option, and USB option is not supported by ePrint. A periodic update of firmware is required for enhanced using of Web Services (ePrint).
GOOGLE CLOUD PRINT
Google Cloud Print does not require any software or driver downloads to print with Google Cloud Print. Google Cloud Print option can be enabled only if printer has Google Cloud Print capability Printer should be connected to an active internet connection through Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
Air Print is a mobile printing solution built into Apple devices It requires no set up, download or installation of any kind Enables printing full quality photos and documents from iPad, iPhone, iTouch (iOS Ver 4.2 and above) and Mac (Version 10.7 and above)
HP Officejet 8100 Specifications
If you are looking for the best Inkjet printers, you can go for HP Officejet 8100. It is one of the best multifunction printers, and can help you get prints at affordable prices. There are numerous advantages of the printer, and thus, you should go for it.
The Officejet 8100 is one of the best printer models, which is manufactured by HP, and it being an inkjet printer, the cost of maintenance is also quite low. The service provided by HP is great, and thus, it is another big reason, you should go for the following printer. Here are the details of the printer.
The detailed specification of Officejet 8100 is as below:
- The inkjet printer is capable of printing pages up to 25000 pages, which is quite great for a home or office printer.
- The color support of the printer is monochrome printer, which means, the printer is capable of printing black and white documents.
- The dimensions of the printer is 494x458x202 mm, which is width x length x height, and thus, the printer can be easily placed on the table.
- The supported cartridge type for the printer is Starter inkjet print cartridges, which is quite popular.
- Touch screen controls are provided with the printer for easy working with the printer, and you can get the all the features and functions on the screen.
- The printer also comes with a scanner functionality, which can help you to get document scans, and can also be helpful for photocopying.
- The connectivity provided with the printer is wireless support with 802.11 b/g/n. It also supports Ethernet and can also be connected to the router, through Ethernet. The USB connectivity provided with the printer is USB 2.0.
- The printer also has HP ePrint support, along with Apple AirPrint for use with Apple devices.
- The Officejet 8100 printer is equipped with 128 MB DDR3 RAM for faster prints and that too, without waiting for long.
- The tray has the capability to hold 250 sheets, at a time.
- The printer supports various kinds of papers for printing, and they are A4, A5, A6, and many others.
The pros of the printer are as follows:
- The printer tray is capable of holding a huge number of pages, and thus, printing is possible without the need of reloading the tray every time.
- The print speed is good, and the 128 MB RAM helps is loading all the pages, which is good for trouble free printing.
- The printer does not have troubles on using it on Linux systems, as well, which is another great advantage of the Officejet 8100 printer.
- Though, it is not advisable to reload cartridges from local stores, but that is possible in case of the Officejet 8100 printer.
- The USB cable provided with the printer is pretty good, and it can provide fast communication between the computer and the printer, without any troubles.
Though, the number of cons in the printer is not many, but here are a few problems with the printer.
- In case, the color cartridges are over, it is not possible to print black and white documents with the black ink available within the printer cartridge.
- A little extra black ink is consumed, even while printing documents, which are not having black color within it. The problem might be solved after a servicing.
- If the printer is not used for a long period of time, the cartridge nozzle gets blocked, and you need to pull out the cartridge in order to clean the cartridge nozzle.
- A little expensive, if the price to performance ratio is considered. Still you can get HP services, which are quite premium in nature.
- The mass of the printer is a little heavy, and thus, it can be difficult to move it from one place to another. Still the wireless functionality helps printing from anywhere.
There are many good features, which are supported by the printer. But, there is a bottom-line of the printer. Here is the biggest reason; you should go for the Officejet 8100 printer:
- If you are having an Apple device, the Officejet 8100 printer support AirPrint, which can help you to print quite easily from your Apple devices. Thus, it is the best printer for you, if you are having an Apple laptop or computer.
A few issues and solutions
The printer is one of the best printers, but there are a few issues, which you can face with the printer, and here are the solutions for them:
- In case you cannot find the printer in the list of wireless devices, it is advisable that you restart the router in order to get the printer in the wireless device list.
- In case you cannot find the printer in the list of devices connected to your computer, you try reinstalling the Officejet 8100 printer driver and check.
The installation process for the Officejet 8100 is quite easy, and here is the complete installation process, which is quite easy, as well.
Step 1: Turn on the computer, and place the disk provided, within the CD tray.
Step 2: Run Setup.exe from the disk provided. The autorun may also popup, and you will have to select install.
Step 3: Connect the printer, when it will be prompted by the system.
Step 4: After the setup process is complete, do a test print, to check, whether the setup was successful.
The HP Printer is supported by Mac ver 10.6 or above The HP Printer should be connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet/USB Configuring the HP printer to your Network Navigate to the Wi-Fi icon on your printers display. Click the Settings icon. Navigate to Wireless Settings. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the preferred Network. Enter your password. Verify whether the connection is successful. Give a Test print to the Network report page. Connecting your Mac to HP Printer Select System Preferences in Apple Menu. Select the Print and Fax from Hardware Selection. Click (+) icon to add the printer. Click Continue to install it. Give a Test print.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
The HP Officejet 8100 Printer is supported by Windows XP or above The HP Printer should be connected to Wi-Fi/Ethernet/USB Configuring the HP Officejet 8100 printer to your Network Navigate to the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s display. Click the Settings icon. Navigate to Wireless Settings. Navigate to Wireless Setup Wizard. Select the preferred Network. Enter your password. Verify whether the connection is successful. Give a Test print to the Network report page. Connecting your Windows to HP Printer Select the Devices and Printers from the Control Panel. Click Add Printer. Select and install the desired Printer. Give a Test print.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
Printer with Smartphone or Tablet Go to Printers Control Panel. Go to Setup. Select the Network or Wireless menu. Press the Wireless Setup Wizard. Ensure that you know the name (SSID) and password (WEP/WPA) of your network. Select the wireless network. Enter the password. Your printer will be connected to the network in a short time. Give a Test Print Now to print from your smartphone make sure both your HP device and smartphone is connected to the same network.
Need support? Call Toll Free 1-866-417-9719
Connecting your HP Officejet 8100 Printer Wireless Printer
- A temporary USB connection is required from printer to computer
- Follow the instructions to connect and configure the printer's wireless connection.
- Connect and disconnect the USB cable when prompted by the software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- In Connection type Wizard select USB as the preferred connection type.
- Then select "Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)"
- The software would automatically discover your wireless setting and your printer should be ready.
- Note: If this is your first printer installation, the software might be unable to find the printer network. Browse through the instructions to create a wireless connection to the printer
HP Oj 8100 Printer Setup of Wireless
HP Officejet 8100 Printer Wireless Printer Setup
- Ensure that your printer has a touch display
- Ensure that you know your network name and your security password (WEP, WPA, or WPA2).
HP Officejet 8100 Printer Wi-Fi Protected Setup
WPS has two modes to connect devices together over a wireless connection. One is called "pushbutton" and the other is called "PIN". This setup details the pushbutton mode
- Ensure that your printer and wireless router supports WPS pushbutton mode
- Wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available
- Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security
Connecting your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS Pushbutton method
- Enable the WPS push button mode on your printer.
- Note: Kindly check printer manual to locate this function as it may differ from model to model.
- Press the WPS button on the Router
- Note: This has to be done within 2 minutes, once the WPS option is enabled on the printer.
- Press the Setup button and choose the Network menu option on the printer's Control Panel.
- Choose your Wireless Network's name from the list or add Network's name manually.
- Enter your password.
- Note: Password is Case-sensitive.
- Your printer should be ready by now, if not find the issue by printing the Wireless network report.
HP Officejet 8100 Printer USB Setup
HP Wireless AutoConnect allows you to connect your printer to your wireless network automatically without having to connect any cables or enter your wireless network settings such as your network name or password.
- Computer with Windows (Vista or later), Mac (OSX 10.6 or Later)
- Wireless connection to your network and the operating system is in control of the wireless adapter
- Connected to your 802.11b/g/n wireless router over a 2.4 GHz connection
- Does not use a static IP address
- Your printer is in HP Auto Wireless Connect mode
- 5.0GHz Connection is not supported
HP Oj 8100 Printer Software Installation Procedure
- Log on to HP Official Website
- Select your printer model.
- Download either Basic Drivers or Full feature Software and Drivers
- Install the Software and choose HP Auto Wireless Connect option to configure printer and computer automatically to the same network.
- Note: Internet might get disconnected temporarily during the above process.
- You can start using your printer
123-hp printer supportis a third party Service and Support provider for computer hardware, peripherals, and software issues. We do not have any tie-up or merger with any hardware or software companies. The ‘HP’ trademarks, logos, images, brands mentioned on this site are just to furnish information, and we are not associated with HP by any means. We are involved only in Support Services, and we do not provide any warranty for the third-party products and services that we provide support for. 123-hp printer support reserves all rights to change its Disclaimer Policy any time without any prior information. We ask you to visit our website time to time and be updated.